1 1/2 cup Water
1 cup Packed -- flaked coconut
4 Beef tenderloins -- cut 1"
2 tablespoon Creamy peanut butter
2 teaspoon Curry powder
1 Coconut Milk
Kiwi fruit -- peeled and
2 tablespoon All-purpose flour
Sliced -- if desired
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Butter
cornstarch (corn flour) mixed with 4 teaspoons water
1. Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in small
saucepan Add 1 cup packed, flaked coconut and
2. Process in blender at high speed for 1 to 2
minutes or until thoroughly blended. Strain coconut
milk, discarding coconut.
3. Prepare coconut milk. Combine flour and salt;
dust beef tenderloin steaks.
4. Shake off excess flour and reserve.
5. Heat butter and oil in large heavy frying pan
over medium heat until hot.
6. Add steaks and pan fry 6 to 8 minutes or to
desired degree of doneness, turning once.
7. Remove steaks, keep warm.
8. Reduce heat to medium low. Add reserved flour to
pan and cook just until brown, stirring constantly.
9. Stir in peanut butter and curry powder until
10. Gradually add coconut milk and cook until sauce
comes to a boil and thickens, stirring constantly.
11. Return steaks to pan and turn to coat with
Serving Suggestions &
Place steaks on heated platter. Garnish with Kiwi
and parsley sprigs. Sprinkle with coconut and serve
More delicious Chinese recipes are available in ChineseFoodDIY's cookbook
"Real & Healthy